Saturday, January 8, 2011

En Route

As I write this I am flying through the air...but when you read this I won’t be.
First Gaeby and I negotiated with some passengers and managed to get two seats together. Then, we got to watch ‘Scott Pilgrim vs. The World’, which I hadn’t actually seen yet, but I’ve read the books (thanks Steph Haller). AND, due to my amazing ability to count down evenly, we started the movie at the EXACT SAME TIME, and I’m talking to the second. We paused for dinner, which was pasta (a wise decision, contrary to the chicken). This meal was the best airplane food I’ve ever eaten. 
Let me go into more detail: 
The pasta was well cooked, albeit not evenly, with standard meat sauce. The bread role was from ‘MANOUCHeR breads’ - yes the small ‘e’ is intentional. Gaeby informs me that this is a good bread brand. I thought it was pretty good. The butter was ok. Gaeby and I both agreed that the brownie was the best, due to its level of moisture. Gaeby also adds that the icing was perfect. Over all I gave the meal a 9 out of 10. The individual water bottle was unnecessary as drinks are free and many aboard the aircraft, but I appreciated the touch. I also drank my first alcoholic beverage while sitting in a machine flying through the air (I find both these things impressive, and thanks Louis CK for the added appreciation of transportation these days). The steward first asked if we were 19, but upon our nods he needed no further indication of our obvious maturity and suggested I add vodka to my orange juice, since there was no white wine or champagne to make a Mamosa. I cordially agreed.
Two sips later I had to go pee. I had to climb over Gaeby, who was double fisting with our drinks, and we were giggling so much I bet he wished he’d asked to see our passports. 
Back to the movie, which Gaeby and I had paused at the EXACT SAME TIME - we’re so good...although when we re-started she was a second behind...not my fault.  I really enjoyed the movie! Having read the books I’d say it was pretty right on. Ok I actually only read up to and including Book 5, so I don’t know if anything after that was apt, but until then it was pretty good. I felt Michael Cera performed a good rendition of Scott, better than I was expecting. The guy who played the lead singer in Sex Ba-Bomb’s looked EXACLTY like the cartoon version. 
A baby just started crying on this flight. Worst flight ever. Babies and small children shouldn’t be allowed to fly, ESPECIALLY in first class. I saw like five small kids sitting in these huge first class space pods EACH (I mean there were 5 and they each had a space pod). I mean really, all five could fit into one. Kind of ridiculous. Although now I wouldn’t mind if they moved that baby to first class if it means it will be farther from me. 
Anyway, movie is finished. Gaeby is watching ‘The Big Band Theory’. I am writing my blog. Hopefully someone is reading it. 
Four more hours. Someone drug this baby’s milk please. (I mean with like sleeping pills...safely...geez). 
P.S. HUGE THANKS to Andrew Choptiany for helping me figure out this blog stuff and for making the picture of Herstmonceux Castle look so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment